You will hear part of a programme in which a
leading architect talks about building materials. After
listening, for questions 9-17 complete the blank spaces in the
sentences below with a word or short phrase. Then check the
audio transcription and the correct answers.
9. The presenter claims that in Britain concrete is associated with
Malcolm says that while, in the
past, concrete was a material, it is in demand
11. Concrete's renewed popularity is a result
of a necessity to maintain the level of the .
12. High buildings will necessitate the use
of and substances such as concrete.
13. In the future, not only buildings, but
also and could be made of some form
14. Concrete can be used for heating if it
can be made to more effectively.
15.Concrete's mean it can also be used to
lower temperatures in a building.
16.If properly built, the buildings of the future could stand
for as long as .
17.Whatever it is used for, concrete is likely to have a
far-reaching effect, on life in the third .